HIGH SCHOOL IN THE US 1 YEAR FROM 9,340$
Global Learning and Leadership
The best way to learn about a different culture is to be completely immersed in it. Living in a new country will change the way you think about the world and yourself. Since 1980, the program has provided the opportunity to live and study in the United States to more than 45,000 high school students from around the world.
Exceptional students between the ages 15 and 18 spend a semester or a full academic year living and studying in the USA. Supported by local staff, students learn about American culture by living with a volunteer host family, making life-long friends, joining a new community and studying at a local high school.
- achieve fluency in English
- experience American family life
- study at an American high school
- deepen your understanding of American culture and lifestyle
- build lifetime friendships
- gain a competitive advantage for college admssion in your home country
- experience personal growth and development
- develop a broader perspective of the world
- participate in community service
SUPPORTING YOU ALL THE WAY
A low student-to-staff ratio is allowing you to have personalized support throughout your stay in the USA. Local staff in the US live in or near community where you will live. They interviewed your host family, have a relationship with your school and can assist you whenever needed. You will be ensured a smooth arrival into the USA, an arrival orientation, group activities with other exchange students during the year, and also, your success in your host family, school and community will be monitored through the entire program.
THE PROGRAM ADVANTAGES
- more than 25 years experience in high school exchange
- carefully selected host families and schools
- supervision and support by local staff
- quarterly progress reports to parents
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- comprehensive insurance coverage
- community service component
〉EXPERIENCE THE CHALLENGES AND REWARDS
YOUR HIGH SCHOOL IN THE USA
American high schools provide some of the best education opportunities in the world. You will experience a broad range of academic courses, an interactive approach to teaching and a wide choice of extracurricular activities. As an exchange student you will enjoy a full-time schedule designed to support your future goals and make the most of your year in the USA.
Beyond the required English literature and U.S. history courses, you will have many choices for study. Art history, music, computer science, physics, modern languages, biology, creative writing and world history are among the many subjects offered at American high schools. Your local staff and school advisor are available to help you create a schedule that is right for you.
Participating in extracurricular activities will help you build friendships, contribute your talents and develop practical skills. After classes have ended for the day, join a club and meet people with similar interests in theater, art, journalism or computers. If you enjoy music, join the choir, orchestra or marching band. Like sports? Athletic programs such as soccer, basketball, tennis, volleyball and swimming are available.
Social activities are an important part of American high school life. Students get together to watch school sports teams or attend theater performances and concerts. From school dances to car wash fundraisers, you will have the chance to experience all your American high school has to offer.
YOUR HOST FAMILY
When you come to the U.S. you will have the rare and wonderful opportunity to became part of an American family. You will share a home, meals and everyday life with your new family who will become your strongest bond to American culture. Whether your family is large or small, lives in a small town or suburban area, they have volunteered to open their home because they share a passion for cultural exchange and desire to make your experience enjoyable.
Whether you live with a host family on the rural plains of the Midwest or suburb at the base of the Rocky Mountains, you will be able to get involved in your community. This may include joining a club or organization, or volunteering your time. Many Americans enjoy helping others through volunteerism, and this has become a unique and reward way our students give back to their host communities. Students on the program have given their energy to support local schools, churches, hospitals, animal shelters and other charitable organizations. Through community service you will gain valuable insight into American society, make new friends and show your appreciation to your community!
As student in the US you will also have the opportunity to develop leadership skills. You may practice leadership as an “ambassador” in your American high school and community by sharing your culture and traditions. Being open to the ideas, values and experiences of others helps to broaden your perspective of the world.
〉ELIGIBILITY AND PROGRAM OPTIONS
- 10- month Academic Year (starting in August)
- 5- month Academic Semester (running from August to December)
PROGRAM QUALIFICATIONS (THE PROGRAM IS FOR YOU IF?):
- You will be at least 15 years old but no more than 18 1/2 years old before arrival in the USA
- You have excellent spoken and written English skills
- You have a strong academic record with a minimum overall grade of ‘C’, and ‘B’ or better in English
- You demonstrate the necessary maturity to study successfully at an American high school and adapt to life as a member of an American family and community
- You are curious, positive, flexible and enthusiastic to learn about another culture
〉STEP BY STEP enrolling process
Once you have decided to participate on our high school exchange program, enrolling is easy:
- Contact Us
- Application and Acceptance
- Host Family Placement
- Introduce Yourself and Make Flight Arrangements
- Orientation Meetings
- Arrival in the USA
To insure that you don’t miss out on this opportunity, all applications for the academic year 2019/2020 must be turned in by April 2019.
Apply here and let’s start your journey.
Need help? Call us +386 590 288 00 and talk to our team of experts.
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”
— Benjamin Franklin