eNGLISH program & surfING 14 DAYS FROM €3,390
CATCH THE CALIFORNIAN WAVE
A 14-day experience of perfecting English skills at the world-renowned UCLA campus for all sports enthusiasts.
Enjoy the incredible waves and sandy beaches of California and combine knowledge, fun and sports in your New Intelligence vacation.
“The joy of surfing is so many things combined, from the physical exertion of it, to the challenge of it, to the mental side of the sport.”
— Kelly Slater
〉want to mix knowledge, fun and surfing?
Do you dream of taking your athletic talent to the global stage and speaking perfect English in post-competition interviews? Then hit the books and grab your board – this is the active vacation you’ve been dreaming of.
Avid surfers will hang 10 on the top names in sandy beaches – does Venice Beach ring a bell? Fitness fans will get all their reps in at Muscle Beach and runners will enjoy miles and miles of available tracks. And, of course, everyone has to try roller blading in Santa Monica.
This program delivers with learning, action-packed days and trips of your choice, and most of all, an unforgettable intelligent vacation.
〉What are the program’s features?
- 1 hour of career advising about the prospects of studying in the USA (before departure),
- New Intelligence Ambassadors Night – a social gathering of all the participants and their parents from previous years (before departure),
- Students can receive a scholarship* to participate in the program
*For the summer program and transportation costs, high school students (minimum of 2 weeks) and college students (minimum of 3 weeks) can obtain a scholarship in the amount of €500 for transportation costs and €100 for every completed week of program.
〉what are the dates?
6/22 – 8/17/2019
program dates with new intelligence entourage:
6/29/2019 – 7/13/2019 and 7/20/2018 – 8/3/2019*
*The program with a New Intelligence chaperone will be organized for a departure from Venice (Italy) if at least 10 participants apply.
minimum of 2 weeks (Saturday to Saturday) with a possibility to extend it
12 levels (elementary – proficiency)
AVERAGE CLASS SIZE:
9 – 10 students (maximum: 14 students)
minimum of 17 years old
by 5/20/2019 or until all spots have been filled
〉what are afternoon activities & weekend trips?
Which afternoon activities will make your active summer vacation in California an extra special experience? What excites you? Is it getting to know Hollywood? Do you hope to study in the US one day? Do you want to live like a local and feel the vibe of the city as you take in all its sites and landmarks?
Sample activities & weekend trips:
- Sunset Strip
- Santa Monica Beach
- San Diego
- Las Vegas
- Camarillo Outlets
- Hollywood Movie Premiere
- Santa Barbara
- Six Flags Amusement Park
〉what is included in the price?
- English program with texts and materials
- Upon completion of the program, all students receive a certificate confirming course participation, level achieved, and study dates
- Optional evening activities (Monday – Friday, 3:30pm – 6pm) and weekend excursions (supplemental fee)
- 14 nights at UCLA (accommodation in a two or three-bed room in a student dorm on UCLA campus)
- UCLA Dormitory half-board accommodations
- 8 hours of surf instruction
- Transportation to local beaches
- Free use of surfboard and wetsuit
- Free Wi-Fi
- Access to UCLA’s facilities including John Wooden Center, Sunset Canyon Recreation Center, the UCLA bookstore and Ackerman Student Union Center
- Roundtrip airport transfer LAX-UCLA for Saturday arrivals/departures between 9am-9pm
- ESTA Travel Authorization
- between 6/29 and 7/13/2019 and between 7/20 and 8/3/2019 the option with a New Intelligence chaperone will be organized for a departure from Venice (Italy) if at least 10 participants apply
〉What is not included in the price?
- Return airplane ticket*
*If at least 10 participants apply, a group departure will be organized 6/29/2019 – 7/13/2019 and 7/20/2018 – 8/3/2019
- Additional trips that are not included in the program and the participants can choose to go on (see afternoon activities and weekend trips)
- Pocket money for personal needs
〉What are recommended additional charges?
- Cancellation insurance
- Health insurance with medical assistance abroad.
〉what our clients say about us?
Venice Beach is never just a day at the beach. It’s an experience you have to feel, see, embrace… It’s an extreme place that grows on you in a split second. Doing sports on this sunny, sandy beach is something that words cannot describe.
Janja, 21 let
I’m an athlete and that’s why I chose this program. I wanted to improve my surfing knowledge and see Venice Beach. Crazy! I love LA!
Zan, 18 let
〉want to apply?
Apply here and let’s start your journey.
Need help? Call us +386 590 288 00 and talk to our team of experts.
“Foam is your friend. Don’t be scared of it. A little bit of extra foam here and there is good for the soul, and your surfing.”
— Rob Machado