entrepreneurship program at UCLA 14 days from €3,390
IT’S A WONDERFUL START … OF YOUR COMPANY
A 14-day entrepreneur program with knowledge and experience of the start-up culture from the perspective of the Californian academic atmosphere that’s sure to make an impression on your personal and professional journey.
Experience the dimension of intelligent travelling that activates the mind and encourages soul-searching curiosity.
“Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
— Steve Jobs
〉Where else will you gain knowledge and experience as an entrepreneur, if not in California?
Why would anyone have an office in a boring industrial zone when you can get wi-fi at the beach? No wonder the founders of Silicon Beach – famous for more than 500 technological start-up companies – are geniuses. And in this spirit, the entrepreneur program on the campus of the world-renowned UCLA is perfect for anyone who wants to live in an academic environment where unique location, open mindedness and Californian start-up culture meet.
Together with mentors and professionals from the entrepreneurial field in Los Angeles, participants will learn firsthand how to create and carry out ideas, what leadership and management are, how to create a business plan and how to do marketing and sales.
Everyone knows that California is the ideal spot for advancing your career. Productive days mixed with quality free time spent on sunny beaches – sign me up.
〉What are the program’s features?
- 1 hour of career advising about the prospects of studying in the USA (before departure)
- New Intelligence Ambassadors Night – a social gathering of all the participants and their parents from previous years (before departure)
- Students can receive a scholarship* to participate in the program
*For the summer program and transportation costs, high school students (minimum of 2 weeks) and college students (minimum of 3 weeks) can obtain a scholarship in the amount of €500 for transportation costs and €100 for every completed week of program.
〉What are the dates?
6/29 – 7/20/ 2019
PROGRAM DATES WITH new intelligence ENTOURAGE (vENICE TO LAX):
6/29/ 2019 – 7/13/ 2019*
*The program with a New Intelligence chaperone will be organized for a departure from Venice (Italy) if at least 10 participants apply.
minimum of 2 weeks (Saturday to Saturday) with a possibility to extend it
High-intermediate or more
High-intermediate to Proficiency
AVERAGE CLASS SIZE:
9 – 12 students (maximum: 15 students)
for ages 17+
by 5/20/ 2019 or until all spots have been filled
〉what are the afternoon activities and weekend trips?
Which afternoon activities will make your active summer vacation in California an extra special experience? What excites you? Is it getting to know Hollywood? Do you hope to study in the US one day? Do you want to live like a local and feel the vibe of the city as you take in all its sites and landmarks?
Sample activities & weekend trips:
- Sunset Strip
- Santa Monica Beach
- San Diego
- Las Vegas
- Camarillo Outlets
- Hollywood Movie Premiere
- Santa Barbara
- Six Flags Amusement Park
〉WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- Entrepreneurship program with texts and materials
- Upon completion of the program, all students receive a certificate confirming course participation, level achieved, and study dates
- Optional evening activities (Monday – Friday, 3:30pm – 6pm) and weekend excursions (supplemental fee)
- 14 nights with half-board accommodations at UCLA (accommodation in two or three-bed room in a student dorm on the UCLA campus)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Access to UCLA’s facilities including John Wooden Center, Sunset Canyon Recreation Center, the UCLA bookstore and Ackerman Student Union Center
- Roundtrip airport transfer LAX-UCLA for Saturday arrivals/departures between 9am-9pm
- ESTA Travel Authorization
- between 6/29 and 7/13/2019 and between 7/20 and 8/3/2019 the option with a New Intelligence chaperone will be organized for a departure from Venice (Italy) if at least 10 participants apply
〉What is not included in the price?
- Return airplane ticket*
*If at least 10 participants apply, a group departure will be organized 6/29/2018 – 7/13/2019
- Additional trips that are not included in the program and the participants can choose to go on (see afternoon activities and weekend trips)
- Pocket money for personal needs
〉What are recommended additional charges?
- Cancellation insurance
- Health insurance with medical assistance abroad
〉WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY ABOUT US?
I’ve thought long and hard how to describe “open minded” California. Start-up events, students’ ideas, rich architecture and the interiors of buildings that housed our lectures – it cannot be described in so few words. You simply have to live it.