english program at UCLA 14 days from €3,390
my english can do more than that
Fourteen days of learning English and having fun on the world-renowned UCLA campus.
Let your New Intelligence education become an unforgettable experience of new places, fun and global friendships.
“The limits of my language are the limits of my world.”
— Ludwig Wittgenstein
〉how to perfect your english in the fastest way possible?
Meet the language program at the world-renowned University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) that will upgrade and enrich your vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation and listening comprehension.
This program is perfect if you struggle in English class in school. The active summer program offers a different method of teaching and a perfect ratio of learning, fun and experience.
And your equally-motivated classmates will be from all over the world, so you’ll have the chance to see exactly how you fit into the wonderful diversity of the global village, develop critical thinking and broaden your mind. All in a day’s work!
〉What are the program’s features?
- 1 hour of career advising about the prospects of studying in the USA (before departure)
- New Intelligence Ambassadors Night – a social gathering of all the participants and their parents from previous years (before departure)
- Students can receive a scholarship* to participate in the program
*For the summer program and transportation costs, high school students (minimum of 2 weeks) and college students (minimum of 3 weeks) can obtain a scholarship in the amount of €500 for transportation costs and €100 for every completed week of program.
〉what are the dates?
6/22 – 8/17/2019
PROGRAM DATES WITH new intelligence ENTOURAGE (vENICE TO LAX):
6/29/2019 – 7/13/2019 and 7/20/2019 – 8/3/2019*
*The program with a New Intelligence chaperone will be organized for a departure from Venice (Italy) if at least 10 participants apply.
minimum of 2 weeks (Saturday to Saturday) with a possibility to extend it
10 levels (elementary – advanced)
average class size:
9 – 12 students (maximum: 15 students)
ages 11 – 17
5/20/2019 or until all spots have been filled
〉what are the afternoon activities and weekend trips?
Which afternoon activities will make your active summer vacation in California an extra special experience? What excites you? Is it getting to know Hollywood? Do you hope to study in the US one day? Do you want to live like a local and feel the vibe of the city as you take in all its sites and landmarks?
Choose your afternoon program and find out how to make this summer the best one yet.
university explorer program – you definitely mean business!
Your dreams will come true in sunny California. The scheduled UCLA classes will no doubt influence your new academic future. You will learn about the requirements to apply to an American university, how to write a great essay and start the preparations for SATs and TOEFL. Oh, and by the way, you will also visit world-renowned universities in the vicinity. You live for the moment but think for the future. You are ready to explore and realize your personal and professional goals with the University Explorer Program!
Activities in the University Explorer Program:
- Tours of world-renowned universities in and around Los Angeles
- Introduction to the procedure of applying to an American university
- 6 hours of SAT/TOEFL preparation per week
- Creative writing workshops
classic program – challenges? Bring them on!
This summer you will finally get the vacation that’s right up your alley. You know that learning outside the classroom can be spontaneous and fun. Your vacation is all about sightseeing and exploring the city’s peculiarities and attractions. Hey, you’re about to explore Los Angeles, the capital of fun! A place for crazy shopping, cultural landmarks and events. You are a person who goes with their gut and is willing to try anything. You are freethinking and ready for an unforgettable challenge with the Classic Program. Are you ready?
Activities in the Classic Program:
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- UCLA Pool party
- Santa Monica Pier Concert
- Rodeo Drive
- Santa Monica Beach
film explorer program – you love the movie scene!
You are a person who loves world-famous movies, movie stars and movie production. You absolutely have to spend your vacation in the world capital of Los Angeles – the red carpet is waiting for you to see catch the latest movie premieres and party with celebrities. You have an excellent opportunity this summer to learn about the creative and technical processes of Hollywood production that go into the making of a globally-acclaimed movie. The perfect program for you is the Film Explorer Program.
Activities in the Film Explorer Program:
- Film workshop
- Learning about movie production
- Making your own movie plot
- A tour of a movie studio
weekend activities and trips
6/23 – Beach Party
6/30 – Six Flags Amusement Park
7/6 – Disneyland (Saturday Optional + $190)
7/7 – Universal Studios
7/13 – Outlet Shopping (Saturday Optional + $50)
7/14 – Beach BBQ Day
7/20 – Disneyland (Saturday Optional + $190)
7/21 – Santa Barbara
7/28 – Six Flags Amusement Park
8/3 – Disneyland (Saturday Optional + $190)
8/4 – Beach BBQ Day
8/11 – Universal Studios
〉what is included in the price?
- English program with texts and materials
- Upon completion of the program, all students receive a certificate confirming course participation, level achieved, and study date
- Afternoon program from the list (Monday-Friday, 2pm – 5pm)
- Optional evening (Monday-Friday, 7pm – 10pm) and Saturday activities / excursions (additional fees may apply)
- Full-day excursion each Sunday
- 14 nights at UCLA (accommodation in two or three-bed room in a student dorm on UCLA campus)
- Dormitory full-board accommodations (full-board Monday-Friday, half-board Saturday and breakfast only Sunday)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Access to UCLA’s facilities including John Wooden Center, Sunset Canyon Recreation Center, the UCLA bookstore and Ackerman Student Union Center
- Local transportation and roundtrip airport transfer LAX-UCLA for Saturday arrivals/departures between 9am-9pm
- ESTA Travel Authorization
- between 6/29 and 7/13/2019 and between 7/20 and 8/3/2019 the option with a New Intelligence chaperone will be organized for a departure from Venice (Italy) if at least 10 participants apply
〉What is not included in the price?
- Return airplane ticket*
*If at least 10 participants apply, a group departure will be organized 6/29/2019 – 7/13/2019 and 7/20/2019 – 8/3/2019
- Additional trips that are not included in the program and the participants can choose to go on (see afternoon activities and weekend trips)
- Pocket money for personal needs
〉What are recommended additional charges?
- Cancellation insurance
- Health insurance with medical assistance abroad
〉what our clients say about us?
Before the summer program in California I had a lot of problems in English class at school, but then I wasn’t afraid to speak English anymore. And I met two new friends, one from Russia and one from Spain. This experience was awesome.
Anja, 15 let
As a mom, I can say that this program has had an amazing impact on my daughter. Now she is practically independent, she has no problems communicating with people and she has many friends all over the world she speaks to on a daily basis. Not to mention her English! I really can say that this wasn’t just a school for English, it was a school for life.
Mojca, mama udeleženke